Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Feb 1 02:14:57 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, January 31, 2018 17:16:21 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 1/31/2018 1:19 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > I'd rather stick with just B&W.
>
>    dmd -color=off file.d

I have to wonder if my settings are right. I've never noticed any color in
error messages. Messing around with some errors right now, the only color I
see is that "Error:" is in red, and some of the text is bolded, so it's
white instead of the grey that text is normally on my console. Maybe my
console's settings aren't interacting with the color stuff very well.

- Jonathan M Davis