Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 02:42:52 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 1 February 2018 at 02:24:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I thought that *is* the color support that was added?  If
> you're expecting IDE-style syntax highlighting, I think you're
> setting your expectations a little high for something that
> ostensibly was banged out in a couple of hours.

Nope, the dmd compiler will highlight code between `` in its
outputted error messages. dmd already knows how to lex D code
(obviously) and even has a highlighter for ddoc, so it just pipes
it through that existing function.

Not all error messages had the `` around its code though. That's
what Mike did in most his PRs.