My choice to pick Go over D ( and Rust ), mostly non-technical

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 16:03:44 UTC 2018

On Monday, 5 February 2018 at 12:23:58 UTC, psychoticRabbit wrote:
> No. C++ is primarliy about higher order abstractions. That's
> why it came about.
> Without the need for those higher order abstractions, C is just
> fine - no need for C++

Actually, many programmers switched to C++ in the 90s just to get
function overloads and inlining without macros.

If you think C is just fine then I'm not sure why you are
interested in D.

> The benefits of C, come from C - and only C (and some good
> compiler writers)

Not sure what you mean by that.

There is little overhead by using C++ over C if you set your
project up for that. The only benefits with C these days is
portability.

> (depends on what 'many' means)  - There certinaly are
> 'numerous' (what ever that means) projects trying to create a
> better c - which contradicts your assertion.

Which ones are you thinking of?