A betterC base

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 00:03:47 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 17:32:53 UTC, ixid wrote:
> Do you really think sticking with the current course on GC
> would gain more users than very slightly changing tack and
> making it something you add to a simpler base? I think the
> second of those will gain more users.

No, the current course - which IS the optional GC story you're
talking about - is not good. I'm saying change course by
embracing our advantages instead of constantly playing defense.

D isn't going to beat Rust on compiler-enforced memory safety, so
we shouldn't even play that game. Instead, pound them into the
ground with our programmer productivity package. Destroy them
with our familiar syntax that programmers already know.