How to represent multiple files in a forum post?

Jonathan Marler johnnymarler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 20:45:47 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 at 20:16:32 UTC, John Gabriele
wrote:
> Can the har file delimiter be more than three characters?

Yes.  So long as the delimiter is the consistent across the whole
file, i.e.

-------- file1
-------- file2

(See https://github.com/marler8997/har#custom-delimiters)

> What do you think of allowing trailing dashes (or whatever the
> delim chars are) after the file/dir name? It would make it
> easier to see the delimiters for larger har'd files.
>
>     --- file1.d -------------------
>     module file1;

>     module file2;
>
> (Note that markdown allows extra trailing characters with its
> ATX-style headers, and Pandoc does likewise with ATX headers as
> well as its div syntax (delimited by at least three colons),
> for that very reason --- to make it easier to spot them.)

Given the simplicity of the addition and the the fact that other
standards have found it helps readability...I think you've made a
fair case.

I'll add a note in the README to be a probable addition.