Is it possible to set up DConf Asia?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:12:28 UTC 2018

On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 09:58:50 UTC, 鲜卑拓跋枫 wrote:

> Yes, the Sponsors should be the major problem for holding DConf
> Asia.
> I will try to collect the info if any Chinese programmer
> organizations
> or companies are interested in it. Please people from other
> countries in
> Asia help to do the similar thing if you are interested to hold
> the DConf
> Asia in your country.
> Let's refer to the history of PyCon APAC which has been
> successfully held
> for many years, it was first held at the Singapore Management
> University by
> some professors, and held among other countries or regions in
> Asia annually,
> now PyCon APAC come back to Singapore(https://pycon.sg/) this
> year.

I can tell you that DConf Asia is something the Foundation is
interested in. It's also something I plan to work toward making
happen eventually. We discussed this at our Seoul meetup
recently. What I need to know before anything can happen is how
large the Chinese and Japanese D communities are.

I'm up to my eyeballs in work right now and had no plans to move
on this until I finish off my current priorities, but if you're
willing to help on the Chinese front, I'll do what I can to
support you.

My email address is aldacron at gmail.com, so please feel free to
contact me about this and we can discuss it.