D beyond the specs

Guillaume Piolat notthat at email.com
Sat Mar 17 16:26:27 UTC 2018

On Friday, 16 March 2018 at 18:38:44 UTC, Aurélien Plazzotta
wrote:
> Also, french citizens don't like taking financial and
> technological risks, now adopting D for professionnal use is a
> big one.

A friend of mine has heard about D for about ten years. I've been
bothering people for a while.

At last dinner we realized two among the table were full-time D
programmers, and this friend's own brother works with Laeeth. So
now he now has 3 acquaintances that use D professionally, and are
enthusiastic.
I don't think such a meal is common in France, just a data point.

Only then he _started asking questions_ about D and what you
could do, etc.

While France is all about status (titles, living well over your
means), and people prefer to learn "high-status" languages, I
guess this is the profile of late adopters everywhere.

Germany is hopefully different, it takes only one german to
change a light bulb :)