extern(C++, ns) is wrong

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Sep 19 20:13:43 UTC 2018

On 9/18/2018 5:22 PM, Manu wrote:
> Thank you Walter for coming to the party!

I suppose I should explain this.

1. The PR uses a different syntax, i.e. strings instead of identifiers. This
implies it is not creating a scope, and doesn't interfere with the scoping of
the existing syntax. The design of the feature is simple and easy to document
and understand, and doesn't break anything.

2. Manu and Atila are at the forefront of interfacing with C++. They are both
doing massive amounts of work making it work. I'm willing to give a lot of
deference to people who know what they are doing and have earned it through
their major contributions and longtime membership in our community.

3. The PR for it looks to be a solid piece of work, and even if it turns out
otherwise, it's pretty low risk and fixable.

Thanks to Manu, Atila and look-at-me.