Has D failed? ( unpopular opinion but I think yes )

matheus m at g.com
Sat Apr 13 14:22:34 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 13 April 2019 at 11:20:07 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> ...Speaking only of myself, let me state for the record that I
> hold absolutely no illusion of my performance as a leader in
> this community. Without being dramatic I reckon I'm unfit for
> leadership. (Most certainly not for lack of trying, but that
> doesn't matter.) An A leader should get A+ people to follow. We
> don't have enough of those.

I hope you don't mind saying this here, but one thing I saw for
awhile was lack of your presence here (Forums), which on the
other hand I think it changed (for good) over the past month.

To be honest for some time I wondered if you were still related
to D.

Maybe around this time you were doing great things behind the
scenes, but I think the top (Walter and You) should be engaged
with community more and more to show everyone that you're really
serious.

Like for example Linus Torvalds, even when he was bashing some
people on LKML he was there for good or bad.

Besides that a few days ago I created a topic thanking this
community for their work in this language.

Matheus.