[SAoC] DPP Project

Cristian Becerescu cristian.becerescu at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 21:01:46 UTC 2019

Hello!

My name is Cristi, I'm a final year Computer Science student and
I've recently heard about SAoC, which I'm very excited about.

I'm specifically interested in the DPP project, which is enabling
direct C/C++ header inclusion in D files. Now, as far as I
understand, there are several issues with DPP (not working with
some Linux headers, probably due to specific GCC flags) which
need to be solved, and I would be really grateful if people from
the D community could give me some advice regarding this.

What do you think about this SAoC project overall? Do you have
any suggestions about it?
What do you think is a good starting point for dealing with this
project?
What technologies should I familiarize myself with? (llvm, gcc,
other linux internals etc.)
Is DPP a big deal for the D community? Have you tried using it?
What problems have you encountered while using it? What are some
current limitations of DPP that bother you?

Thank you,
Cristi