The issue with D...

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Sun Feb 10 21:46:05 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 10 February 2019 at 10:22:07 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 February 2019 at 01:13:16 UTC, 0xEAB wrote:
>> On Friday, 8 February 2019 at 12:09:20 UTC, Ecstatic Coder
>> wrote:
>>> And very honestly, preinstalling dlangui
>>
>> What qualifies DlangUI to become the default GUI lib that
>> should be pre-installed (in terms of: what disqualifies other
>> libs)?
>>

>>  - Elias
>
> Just try them all, and you will quickly find which one is the
> most cross-platform, compiles easily, runs fast on all the
> platforms, behaves the same everywhere, can use 3D or canvas
> rendering, has small dependencies, can be easily mixed with 3D
> rendering too and gets the job done with crystal clear code.
>
> Gtkd, tkd, etc are all good, but as you guess my personal
> favorite one is obviously dlangui, for all the reasons above...

There is only a small enhancement missing in dub to allow
following command:

dub init example -t dlangui

This will create a new dlangui example package on your local file
system which you can then immediately run with command dub.
With this enhancement in place for me it seems there is no reason
to include any specific ui toolkit.

But of course there could be some more advertising on the dlang
page for the different ui toolkits.

Kind regards
Andre