The issue with D...

Rubn where at is.this
Sun Feb 10 22:36:34 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 10 February 2019 at 10:22:07 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> On Sunday, 10 February 2019 at 01:13:16 UTC, 0xEAB wrote:
>> On Friday, 8 February 2019 at 12:09:20 UTC, Ecstatic Coder
>> wrote:
>>> And very honestly, preinstalling dlangui
>>
>> What qualifies DlangUI to become the default GUI lib that
>> should be pre-installed (in terms of: what disqualifies other
>> libs)?
>>

>>  - Elias
>
> Just try them all, and you will quickly find which one is the
> most cross-platform, compiles easily, runs fast on all the
> platforms, behaves the same everywhere, can use 3D or canvas
> rendering, has small dependencies, can be easily mixed with 3D
> rendering too and gets the job done with crystal clear code.
>
> Gtkd, tkd, etc are all good, but as you guess my personal
> favorite one is obviously dlangui, for all the reasons above...

It really depends on what you are doing, not everyone needs are
going to met with one UI. I don't think a UI should be included
with DMD, there's a reason very few languages do it. Especially
ones that compile to machine code.

> behaves the same everywhere

That wouldn't be a plus for everyone. People expect their
programs to behave a certain way
  for their platform. Not having the look and feel of their
platform is enough for people to not like using it.

It's a 8 mb download, there's really no reason to preinstall or
include it into the standard.