A bank for the wealth of D

Greatsam4sure greatsam4sure at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:04:07 UTC 2019

I have discovered D for almost two years now. My general option
is that D is an excellent language. It is a language design for a
programmer that focus on reality and provide the programmer with
a wealth of tools the programmer need to succeed within a short
time.

I am really in love with D but I discovered the wealth of D is
known by only a few. I am gone through almost all D books e.g
learning D, programming in D, the D programming language,
template tutorial, the D cookbook etc. These books just scratch
the surface of the wealth of D.

The problem is that only programmer with a strong background in
C, C++, maybe Java, C# etc really utilized the power of D. For
the average programmer, who is not vast in programming, he
considers D beautiful tools to play with but not use in real
production.

I will be happy if the D community can come out with a plan to
write an extensive tutorial on all aspect of D covering all
modules in the standard library and valuable third-party
libraries such as GTKD, dlangui, vibe-D etc. Contribution can be
made for people who are willing to undertake such a task. The
tutorial should also cover D tools in details and their uses in
different Os
The result is that newcomers can easily grap the concepts of D
and use it in production which in turn we increase the adoption
of D giving that we have a vibrate community already

I have checked all resources covering D. But I am not satisfied.

The community will have to put energy together to make a pro D
plugin for IntelliJ, eclipse at least. I Know such plugin exist
but they are not really working well. Today on window only
serve-d and code-d and visual-D are reliable

I wrote from a heart with deep concern of D. please be
constructive in your reply and suggestion