D enters Tiobe top 20

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Tue Nov 5 07:52:56 UTC 2019

On 11/4/19 2:17 PM, JN wrote:
> On Monday, 4 November 2019 at 09:36:33 UTC, RazvanN wrote:
>>
>> I think that all this Rust hype is artificial and people with large
>> codebases that started looking into it are not that pleased with it.
>
> It's not artificial at all. Many big companies start their projects in
> Rust now. Rust became the go-to language for new projects that would use
> C/C++ normally. They definitely have the hype behind it and the hype
> helps build its ecosystem, which will be helpful in maintaining the
> popularity after the hype dies over.
Yeah. Also some companies try to drop the current language for Rust and
then after some time of Rust experience switch back. Considering huge
hype about Rust and comparing it to Go it's obviously that something is
wrong with Rust adopting.
I totally agree to Andrei about Rust and I think it is a good but niche
language and with abnormal hype.