Whats holding ~100% D GUI back?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 07:52:47 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 19 November 2019 at 23:25:12 UTC, aberba wrote:
> http://nanapro.org/en-us/

Thanks for sharing btw, I've now looked a bit more closely at the
C++ GUIs you mentioned, and Nana seems to be the only one of
these 4 that that attempts to be a UI framework, and it appears
to be slow moving and a bit weird. So it has a long way to go
before taking on the alternatives (gtk etc).

These:

> https://google.github.io/flatui/
> https://github.com/vurtun/nuklear
> https://github.com/ocornut/imgui

seems to require you to build your own graphics/input handling...
which can be a lot of work if you don't have one already (i.e.
mostly for games).  Dear ImGUI appears to receive some financial
backing from game studios/Google. FlatUI is backed by Google.

I guess you could port Dear ImGUI to D, might be a good idea
actually, but you would still be a long way from writing your own
GUI application.