Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

JN 666total at wp.pl
Tue Oct 1 21:01:44 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 1 October 2019 at 12:29:59 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> are you familiar with my libraries? your code there looks
> trivial to do in D, the only piece I don't have sitting on my
> shelf is the cassandra one, and since there's a C library for
> that, that'd be easily accessible with my framework.

I think the difference is, since Go has libraries like http in
standard library, or de facto standard library, even if it's an
external package, it's been included in thousands of projects
since and went through a lot of testing.

Even though I like your libraries and have used them a few times,
they haven't been as battletested. There might be missing vital
functionalities (which you didn't just need for the moment), or
there might be some nasty bugs lurking which just weren't
triggered for the usual usecases. And if I were making a real web
application, not a hobby project, I want to fully trust the
libraries. I want to include the library and make use of it, and
move on to more fun stuff. I don't want to debug the library
whenever something breaks.