Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 11:43:29 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 11:14:41 UTC, Chris wrote:
> In Python and Java for example I can download stuff I need,
> install dependencies (pip and gradle/maven) and that's usually
> it.

Yeah,  I think that is the primarily driving force behind Java
and Python,  that and platform support.  Once you've learned the
ins and outs of Python you cannot put it aside because of the
swiss-army-knife aspect of it.

Basically all platforms support Python in one way or another,
even embedded, it has taken the generic high-level position that
C has on the low level.