Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Tue Oct 15 22:05:00 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 13:09:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This thread is for general feedback and discussion regarding
> Átila's blog post on his vision for D's future.
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/

While I agree mostly with the vision I feel that that roadmap for
betterC has been left out. There is currently not any roadmap how
to continue to improve betterC and "pay as you go".

betterC is a great step of embedded programming but libraries are
lacking as well as the benefits of the built features like
dynamic arrays and associative arrays. It would be a great
benefit to port these features to a non GC environment as well.

Basically a vision for D to improve being a real systems
programming language suitable for bare metal and embedded
programming.