Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

neikeq ignalfonsore at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 00:33:20 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 at 13:09:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> This thread is for general feedback and discussion regarding
> Átila's blog post on his vision for D's future.
>
> https://dlang.org/blog/2019/10/15/my-vision-of-ds-future/

The second paragraph of 'Make D the default implementation
language' lacks an example for those who are not familiar with
it. How can D, compared to its contenders, make the code
'automagically' callable from other languages? A reference to an
existing library could do.

Regarding interop with C++, what are your thoughts on tools like
Calypso? It supports most C++ features, including advanced stuff
like template instantiation, and it seems to be under active
development: https://github.com/Syniurge/Calypso

I understand the main motivation behind the interpreter is fast
iteration times. Is the idea to have an interpreter that can run
entire applications?

Overall this was an interesting read. It's nice to see the
efforts that are being made to make D @safe by default.