Feedback on Átila's Vision for D

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 18 20:40:46 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 19:00:47 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 October 2019 at 17:23:29 UTC, welkam wrote:
>> If dichotomy isn't false then answer weather D is high or low
>> level language? The dichotomy exist for other languages
>> because of their design limitations not because of some lows
>> of nature.
>
> Low level.  With some high level runtime features.  There is
> very little room for high level optimization in D.

I hope for that not to be the case if/when the MLIR SAOC project
comes through.

Even without that being able to do array of struct <-> struct of
array in the language is very nice and as an example of high
level optimisation parameterisation that is far more effective in
allow optimisation from the top down and still be able to change
design decisions.