Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Fri Sep 27 16:17:31 UTC 2019

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 03:11:26PM +0000, GreatSam4sure via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> This is a newbie point of view.
>
> The biggest problem to D adoption is this community IMHO. Almost
> everything here is negative. The community is 95% negative to the
> language. There are people here that never see anything good about D
> yet they are here. The community is damaging to D image.
[...]

I don't know what has happened here, and why the naysayers seem to be
out in force here, but I want to say that I am very positive about D,
and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.  I just haven't been posting
as much because I'm occupied with other things.

But seriously, there is no language out there right now that I like
better than D.  It's true that D has its flaws and dark corners -- no
language of this complexity can possibly be perfect -- but the good
stuff is REALLY good, and none of that is going away anytime soon.

OTOH, one of the reasons we are sometimes very critical about something
in the language is because it's *so* good, and we have come to expect
the best, so when we see something that still needs improvement, we tend
to speak out. We criticize the not-so-good parts because we care. Or at
least I do -- can't speak for anyone else.

And one thing I've learned over the years: don't waste time on the
naysayers. Know what you want, and go for it. Let others waste their
breath naysaying if that's what they want -- let it be their problem,
not yours.

Любишь кататься - люби и саночки возить.