Nim programming language finally hit 1.0

Benjiro benjiro at benjiro.com
Sun Sep 29 10:35:48 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 29 September 2019 at 07:43:12 UTC, drug wrote:
> Did you ask people here to help you? You are welcome!

Thanks for your help* ( See PS below ) but fixing the download
was not that hard. But for a new user that tries this, it can
just as well been Chinese.

Its small issues like having a not working download present on
the actual official website. It does not matter if its 3th party
or not when its posted on the official website.

This is why i mentioned before how there are so many
frustrations. Its not just the big issues but the constant small
issues that are present everywhere.

> You are welcome!

*PS: Next time you write with a exclamation mark, know that this
makes your sentence have a totally different meaning and is
considered passive aggressive in my region.

Its little things like this that seems to pop up everywhere in
this community on a regular base. The fact that there are no
rules of conduct or any kind of oversight is probably the main
reason why people see D as negative community. Even places like
Reddit that are toxic, have some kind of moderation going on
because people will be people.

D, you want my suggestion? Invest into a proper forum, set up a
RoC and actually moderate topics. And yes, i understand the irony
as i am posting this off-topic in the Nim Language thread. :)

This is the first step...