I wish Dlang had incremental and concurrent garbage collection

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu Jan 30 20:15:58 UTC 2020

On Saturday, 11 January 2020 at 21:10:45 UTC, James Lu wrote:
> I have a single-threaded, highly stateful application, a
> networked multiplayer game. It must run on the server at 25FPS.
> What progress is there on giving D a GC mode that "spreads out"
> the cost of doing GC?

What's stopping you from creating multiple threads?

You can easily have a network thread and a UI thread and simply
pass any data to the network thread from the UI thread and the
other way around too using std.concurrency.

I've done that myself and it works fine and can definitely run at
a faster FPS than 25 too.