Pandas like features

bachmeier no at spam.net
Thu Nov 5 19:18:11 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 5 November 2020 at 13:11:17 UTC, data pulverizer
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 November 2020 at 22:51:14 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
> wrote:
>> Robert Schadek made a beginning on Julia integration work but
>> we haven't had time to do more than that.
>
> If you're just passing arrays and pointers between Julia and D,
> this is pretty simple no? Julia's ccall makes that relatively
> simple. You can even compile D code and call it from Julia -
> that should be pretty straightforward. Calling Julia from D
> just needs the Julia C API, which again is pretty
> straightforward. You'll need to convert what you need from
> julia.h header file.

The question for me is if you can work with the same data
structures in D, R, Python, and Julia. Can your main program be
written in D, but calling out to all three for loading,
transforming, and analyzing the data? I'm guessing not, but would
be awesome if you could do it.