Better branding of -betterC

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:12:55 UTC 2020

On Monday, 16 November 2020 at 19:04:48 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> It doesn't matter if there some C++ to go alongside C#, most
> studios are polyglot and don't see a nail in every problem.

You could write a good game with javascript + C++, or Dart + C++,
if you keep the game world on the GC side. Not too bad for an
indie game with two developers, one doing the graphics and the
other one the game mechanics.

So I don't think that is unreasonable, but the current GC that D
has to to support to carry existing code bases is not in the same
ballpark. If you want to create a dynamic online "streaming" game
world then you deal with a lot of pointers and lots of caching...

It is not that this cannot change, but as of today that is
farther away than 1-2 years... IMHO.