Garbage Collection and gamedev - tl;dr Yes we want it, so let's solve it

Ola Fosheim Grostad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:52:20 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 09:36:41 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grostad wrote:
> I dont know. In my experience dropped frames are annoying in
> smooth artistic scenes. You want to suspend disbelief to create
> immersion.

btw, Ive had a lot if headaches over missed frames when doing
even simple animations in browsers. Large objects with linear
motion and high contrast makes missing frames very noticable. For
some reason it looks even worse to me when objects move slow,
probably because the object is more in focus and the eye tracks
it better.

You can make it less noticable by adding blur and use less linear
motion, but why should I have to waste hours on such tweaks just
because the tech is shitty?