We need mentors for GSOC

RazvanN razvan.nitu1305 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 13:05:34 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 23:37:56 UTC, Ahmet Sait wrote:
> https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list page mentions:
>> ...for an organization hoping for 4 or more students you
>> should have at least 8-10 ideas...
>
> We currently have 6 GSoC projects listed on the ideas page
> https://github.com/dlang/projects/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Agsoc2021 which is rather low. Getting it to at least 8 would both increase our chances of being selected and give students a bit more leeway for their proposals if we do get selected.
>
> So please consider mentoring if you have the time and knowledge
> to lead one of the projects
> (https://github.com/dlang/projects/issues), or you can propose
> your own if you think it's missing.
> A quick reminder is that GSoC this year is planned to be
> shorter so the projects aimed for summer of code needs to
> account for that. More on that here:
> https://opensource.googleblog.com/2020/10/google-summer-of-code-2021-is-bringing.html
>
> See also the GSoC announcement thread:
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/dpmikdidvhjymcitnvmi@forum.dlang.org

We now have 8 strong projects. Anyone who is interested please
put yourself in the mentor list of any of these projects [1] (it
doesn't matter if the project already has 1 or more mentors; the
more, the better). Also, please make sure that the project
descriptions are in good shape. The application deadline is in a
few hours. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Cheers,
RazvanN

[1]
https://github.com/dlang/projects/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Agsoc2021