Add ImportC compiler to dmd

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri May 14 08:26:30 UTC 2021

On Friday, 14 May 2021 at 06:38:34 UTC, Chris Piker wrote:
> In fact many of our widely used languages are riddled with
> inconsistencies (I'm looking at you matlab & idl), but that
> doesn't stop them because the feature set is so nice.

Right, but Matlab is being displaced by Python (at a slow pace).
Of course that is also related to licensing (for students), but I
think language-issues is also a factor. Especially when writing
larger programs, then Python is a clear winner.

> So for us, improved C interop would be a nice bonus, and a good
> selling point.

Sure! BUT you also didn't dismiss D as a valid tool for you, am I
right?