Suggestion about releases

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 09:13:59 UTC 2021

I don't have time to write a proper post, but I have a suggestion.

Could we increase the time between releases?

Today we have in practice 15 days between minor versions. That
might be ok, but "major" releases are too frequent.

The logic behind that is it would hopefully put more focus on
testing and reliability etc. If we have to live with a release
for a longer time period, the theory is everyone will be more
cautious when making a change.

Theory vs practice applies ofc, but I think it could be positive.
As for what amount of time makes most sense, I'm not sure yet.

Thoughts?