SAOC LLDB D integration: 2nd Weekly Update

James Blachly james.blachly at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 18:02:23 UTC 2021

On 9/30/21 7:05 PM, Luís Ferreira wrote:
> ## What's next?
>
> For now, I'm going to proactively fix the requested changes in the LLVM
> patches. They seem to require smaller patches and probably the next
> week will
> be dedicated to that.

Luís:

I think it's a little bit surprising and disappointing that they want
such granular breakdown, but they required the same of the recent Rust
demangler [0] as well, so at least they are applying their rule fairly
consistently.

There is also the licensing issue which raised their hackles and you'll
have to deal with.

One potential strategy to sidestep the licensing issue AND to make the
breakdown task much easier, is to abandon the libiberty code and
literally take each of the Rust patches [1] and straight port (adding
and subtracting cases as needed) for D demangling.

Rust Demangler:
[0]
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/blob/main/llvm/lib/Demangle/RustDemangle.cpp

Consecutive patch history: