I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

Loara loara at noreply.com
Tue Apr 26 12:47:30 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 10:48:49 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> I do not want to improve dub, I do not want to even use it. I'm
> more or less dragged along because this is what people expect
> in the ecosystem. It causes way more problems for me that it
> solves. If that was up to me, I wouldn't fix it, I would just
> stop using it.

Then don't use it, use instead your custom build system. If your
project is open source someone else will port it on
dub/Conan/Cmake/AUR/Microsoft Store/some other exotic repository.
You don't need to use a tool you don't like.

If peoplewant something from you that you don't want then it's up
to them to fit their needs if your project is free software.