What do you think about treating DMD v2.100.x as an LTS release?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Wed Dec 28 02:35:53 UTC 2022

On Monday, 26 December 2022 at 02:56:47 UTC, Siarhei Siamashka
wrote:
> Now I wonder, which frontend version will be used by GDC 12.3?
> Is it going to be v2.100.2? Are there any plans to backport
> even more frontend bugfixes for the future GDC 12.4 and GDC
> 12.5 releases?

It's going to be based on v2.100.2, and in principle yes, more
bug fixes from upstream dmd will be backported to the 12.x
release branch as an when they become necessary.

There already have been some extra changes gone in to fix some
porting issues, as well as a few ICEs.  I have to mostly rely on
someone else creating a gdc bug report for every issue fixed in
upstream dmd though so it is in my queue to backport.  Otherwise
changes made to upstream dmd - even those made by myself - will
just end up in mainline only as part of the routine merging of
dmd-master -> gdc-13.x.