64bit only on Windows?

0xEAB desisma at heidel.beer
Sat Feb 26 14:45:08 UTC 2022

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 21:14:16 UTC, forkit wrote:
> C'mon. How many developers using D, are compiling 32bit OMF
> apps?

C'mon. How many developers using D, are using Windows (where OMF
is a thing) in the first place. What a poor metric.

> Additionaly, how many 'newcomers' are going to want to start
> there development journey, with 32bit apps, let alone 32bit OMF.

Additionaly, how many 'novices' are going to start installing
Visual C++ Redistributable, after seeing the error message, let
alone understanding what MSVCxy.DLL is.

> 32bit IMO just creates unnecessary complexity to the source
> managment, the build/test processes, and the developement
> environment(s).

I don't see how something you don't use, would create complexity
for you.

On the other hand, I've not been given an appropriate solution on
how to build portable D apps on Windows yet.

- Elias