Integrated code formatter

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 02:45:44 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 02:16:41 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 01:13:05 UTC, matheus wrote:
>>
>> Well I know about that Group, but I think it is just a mirror
>> or generated from the Bugzilla issues. What I'm proposing is
>> different. Like going from Here (Forum) to There (Bugzilla),
>> "iff" it was marked or reviewed by someone.
>
> Should the D Language Foundation expect a donation from you to
> fund this position of "someone"? :)

Well looking over the Bugzilla, there is always "someone"
checking and marking the issues as duplicated right? So there is
always "someone" handling things anyway.

Now what I'm saying is NOT that "someone" here will have to
analyze anything, just need to check if it's not a spam or some
idiocy before the "BOT" collect the issue from the Forum to open
there in the Bugzilla.

> If reporting bugs on issues.dlang.org is too difficult, then we
> should make it easier.

I didn't say it was difficult, but there is a hassle to open
account that maybe be used only once just to help pointing some
problem which members over here are requiring to help the
language.

> Adding a second place to report bugs, and requiring "someone"
> to do a bunch of extra work to keep the two in sync, is just
> going to make the situation worse.

I think you misunderstood me, there is no second place. The forum
would be a shortcut and the the extra work is just to make sure
the issue is valid (Not a spam or some kind of joke). I'm pretty
sure that even in the Bugzilla "someone" need to filter things
over there.

Again there is no syncing, you open the bug in the Forum and
"someone" do a glance over it and check if it's not a joke/spam
and just marked to be created on the Bugzilla.

Interesting enough that you even pointed about the "sync" since
there is the "Group Issue" where the Bugzilla issues are opened
here as well, why not have the opposite?

Matheus.