New competitor to D

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Sun Jul 24 19:38:53 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 16:27:25 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> There is a new language that claims to be the successor to C++
> in town, and it's got Google's funding 😥

Thanks to LLVM new languages are popping up frequently now, which
is a good thing. Carbon was not the first and will not be the
last. In my opinion Carbon (why did they name it that) is dead on
arrival because what I've read it offers zero novelties compared
to for example Rust. Also the syntax isn't particulary nice.

There will be a language up ahead that will be smash hit when you
least expect it. Carbon is not one of them.