Civility

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 03:14:57 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 00:26:55 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Friday, 24 June 2022 at 23:12:02 UTC, forkit wrote:
>

>> But I'm struggling to see a day, where people in the D forums,
>> sit around a fire together, and start singing kumbaya, in
>> harmony with each other.
>>

> Then you've never been to DConf. That's metaphorically what we
> do, especially in the evenings when we gather for BeerConf, but
> also between the talks and during the Hackathon. I'm not saying
> everyone agrees all the time, but any debates that are had have
> a much, much different tone when they're face-to-face than they
> do in the forums.

So I've never been sure. Maybe that's because you never had one
in Australia.

But I think I've watched every single video that's been
published, since they first began. I've worked in teams (real and
virtual) before too ;-)

I did specifically say the D 'forum' though.

When you're in person, even in person virtually, 'social
dynamics' tend to get priortised. Much less so in online forums.

If only we were not 'autonomous existing objects', then there
would be no tension whatsover.