ImportC can now automatically run the preprocessor

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Sun May 15 07:39:21 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 01:00:14 UTC, forkit wrote:
> The long, windy road 'could' have been anticipated.
>
> I certainly anticipated it when I read that PR.
>
> It'll be a long, windy road ahead to, for anyone having to
> maintain projects that explicitly, actively, encourage you to
> combine different languages.

Yes, there is no process, but by now it has become clear that D
evolves by people starting to use incomplete features and quite a
few are «given up on» and left incomplete like with most hobby
projects. This is what happens when you start implementation
before you have a design ready. This cannot be helped at this
point as the culture is dominated by this experimental
development mode.

To change this you have to shake up the whole process and the
power stucture. And frankly it turns out that it is easier to
just create a new language than to change this mindset. If you
take the view that D is an ongoing experimental plaform you’ll
feel better.

And that is perfectly fine, but it can be frustrating when people
pretend it isn’t.