Why is D unpopular?

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Mon May 16 02:05:32 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 23:32:33 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> An open source community allows (should allow?) individuals to
> spend their energy on any topic that they want. Some will work
> on ImportC, others (which apparently includes you) will work on
> @safe.
>
> Ali

My comments are in the context of this thread, about why D is
unpopular.

It's not about me wanting to stop people in an open-source
community from spending their time on whatever they want.

But I feel ImportC and @safe push D into two completely different
directions.

So D may become 'more' popular to those wanting to import more C
into their D.

And D may become 'less' popular because more people are importing
C into their D.

I'm struggling to see how two different directions get us to...
well.. anywhere.