DMD 2.100, bring ont he attribute soup

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri May 27 02:54:54 UTC 2022

On 5/26/2022 6:30 PM, rikki cattermole wrote:
> It has caught exactly zero bugs.

But did your code have any memory corrupting bugs?

If your code didn't, then nothing can catch a bug that isn't there.

If you don't write code that corrupts memory, then great! But the #1 problem C
has is memory corruption getting into production code. People are sick of this,
and C will die because of this.

I used to write a lot of memory corruption bugs. I gradually learned not to do
that. But I also like the self-documentation aspect of `scope`, for example. I
know I can safely pass a pointer to a stack array to a function marking the
parameter as `scope`.