Is D really that bad?

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 18:02:11 UTC 2022

On 11/2/22 00:19, UmmReally wrote:
 > On Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at 04:48:23 UTC, surlymoor wrote:
 >>
 >> Just have a module with the class in it and nothing more, brotown.
 >> I'll bill you my consultation fees later.
 >
 > In my version of D (a fork based on someone elses work), I am not
 > 'forced' to use that 'workaround'.

A workaround is for a real problem not for an imagined one.

Besides, it is not good style to still complain about "official D" if
you are happy with your fork.

 > Even javascript has private to the class.

Because monkey see monkey do.

 > D is comlete joke! i.e. ..>  that you cannot even make a private member
 > within a class (except through some stupid 'workaround').

That kind of thought comes from cargo cult. Your interpretation of
"cannot" shows a misunderstanding: D's choice is by design.

 > So with that...back on to topic.. YES 'offical' D really IS that bad!

Then forkit!

 > (but not my version of D ;-)

Just don't continue trolling then. Be grateful.

 > btw. This is not really a complaint ;-)

There is only one definition left then: trolling.

 > It's great that I can create my own fork based on someone else work (to
 > do what I can do in anyother langauge, including javascript!).

I am not jealous. Email me when private-to-class will ever be really
useful to you.

Ali