Is D really that bad?

UmmReally UmmReally at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:13:59 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at 18:02:11 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 11/2/22 00:19, UmmReally wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 2 November 2022 at 04:48:23 UTC, surlymoor
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just have a module with the class in it and nothing more,
> brotown.
> >> I'll bill you my consultation fees later.
> >
> > In my version of D (a fork based on someone elses work), I am
> not
> > 'forced' to use that 'workaround'.
>
> A workaround is for a real problem not for an imagined one.
>
> Besides, it is not good style to still complain about "official
> D" if you are happy with your fork.
>
> > Even javascript has private to the class.
>
> Because monkey see monkey do.
>
> > D is comlete joke! i.e. ..>  that you cannot even make a
> private member
> > within a class (except through some stupid 'workaround').
>
> That kind of thought comes from cargo cult. Your interpretation
> of "cannot" shows a misunderstanding: D's choice is by design.
>
> > So with that...back on to topic.. YES 'offical' D really IS
> that bad!
>
> Then forkit!
>
> > (but not my version of D ;-)
>
> Just don't continue trolling then. Be grateful.
>
> > btw. This is not really a complaint ;-)
>
> There is only one definition left then: trolling.
>
> > It's great that I can create my own fork based on someone
> else work (to
> > do what I can do in anyother langauge, including javascript!).
>
> I am not jealous. Email me when private-to-class will ever be
> really useful to you.
>
> Ali

You always accuse people of trolling for some reason??

I understand group/tribal psychology very well, so i can excuse
you're comments.

But for the record, my post clearly states it was not a
complaint, that I was expressing an opionion in relation to the
topic of this thread, and that I am grateful for being able to
build (fork) on someone elses work.

So go ahead. Highjack my comment and make me out to be a troll.

But you only make yourself, and the D 'tribe', look bad when you
do so.

The topic of the thread is 'Is D really that bad' (not 'Express
and opinion so we can call you a troll').