D is our last hope

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Dec 24 05:43:33 UTC 2023

On 12/22/2023 12:54 PM, aberba wrote:
> Hmm. I understand your point. But that's when the change is DEFINITELY going to
> be included, right?

I said I'd give it a fair review.

> But until then, are you able to comment whether you're happy with the current
> implementation or not?

I tried with the previous specification, and was told that the implementation
didn't match it and I should read the code. This wasted both my time and the
rebuttal person's time. I'm currently waiting for a specification that
accurately reflects the proposal, and then I will review it.

> I think a small community like D should be able to facilitate such a process. We
> shouldn't have a bureaucracy problem at this stage. Could be demoralizing.

Having a document that provides an accurate and complete specification of the
proposal is essential for communicating without misunderstanding, especially
when the stakeholders are distributed all over the globe.