Worse than impolite

DrDread no at no.no
Sun Dec 24 16:21:08 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 23 December 2023 at 20:17:29 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
> I have previously posted regarding my concerns about this
> project, that it felt like a dysfunctional family. More
> recently, I said I saw hopeful signs. Then I read the "D is our
> last hope" thread.
>
> It is discouraging to me that I feel that I need to lecture
> some of you about how to disagree. If you are an adult worthy
> of the term and are also a software development professional, I
> don't think it is too much to expect that the boundaries of
> good taste and polite behavior will be respected. I am not
> seeing that here. Calling the leader of the project a "stubborn
> fool" is just not the way to make your concerns known (I do not
> intend to point the finger at one person here; I am using this
> as an example of other posts that I think have crossed the
> taste/civility line). I have my own disagreements with some of
> Walter's decisions, but the fact is that without him, this
> project wouldn't exist. And if you don't like the way he runs
> it and can't convince him that you are correct, then you have
> options that would reflect far better on you than name-calling.
>
> /Don Allen

the problem is, all of this is not news. we've been at the exact
same point before and nothing is done to change it. D is still
losing contributors because the guys in charge pretend the
problem does not exist. D is losing contributors simply because
their contributions are not getting the deserved consideration
and attention.

see this thread for example:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/ncbawciyybdksecurmsc@forum.dlang.org