I approved DIP1036e

Dibyendu Majumdar d.majumdar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:49:22 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 17:38:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> But when we have a long line of previously active, productive
> contributors walk away, we have a problem.
>
> We should be growing the number of contributors, like with
> Linux kernel developers, not bleeding them.

I feel that with any project, there will never be the same set of
contributors over a longish period of time. This is true even in
commercial organizations, where people come and go. In fact the
health of the eco system is actually that no one is
indispensable. Organizations will often fire talented people who
are disruptive.

I feel D has been remarkably successful in attracting
contributors.