I approved DIP1036e

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 00:17:13 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 15:03:09 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2024 at 02:02:56PM +0000, Dibyendu Majumdar via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>> It only proves my point, because the only people not nice on
>> these forums are these so called contributors, many of who
>> actually have made no contribution but are happy to make a lot
>> of demands as if its their right!
>
> That's irrelevant.  Some of the people who left recently were
> *very* active contributors, who have had a lot of work merged
> and who did a lot of user support on their own free time.
> We're not talking here about the regular whiners who show up
> out of nowhere with strange or unreasonable demands ...

while not
> lifting a finger themselves. (Personally I just hit the delete
> button for those, it's not worth my time.)

how do you know even those folks aren't contributors financially
and other means? Would be a mistake to assess complaints based on
such credentials.

Walter has a saying that people complain because they have
interest in the language and care about it. I think that's a very
positive way to look at it.