[Greylist-users] Preliminary results

Scott Nelson scott at spamwolf.com
Mon Jun 23 10:16:54 PDT 2003

I got a test version of greylisting up on my testbox last night.
Slightly different than the canonical, I /always/ tempfail after the DATA.
I also haven't implemented aging, and I save triplets forever.
Rather than store the From-To-IP triplet, I save the MD5sum
of the three.  That's mostly because it's much easier for me to
deal with a constant sized record, but it does save a little space.

I'm only greylisting on spamtrap addresses,
so 100% of it should be spam.

I'll post some more results in a week,
but so far it's literally working perfectly.
Out of 72 attempted spams, 72 were blocked.
That's considerably better than I was expecting,
even with such a small data size and imperfect samples.

Scott Nelson <scott at spamwolf.com>