[Greylist-users] Seg Fault after MAIL FROM

Dave Corcoran dave at mailrazor.com
Mon Jun 23 11:45:19 PDT 2003

I've just started playing around with Greylisting and I'm having this
problem: After I connect to my mail server and issue the HELO statement and
get a proper response, I issue the "MAIL FROM:" command and (watching the
mail server in the other window) the relaydelay.pl prog Seg Faults. This
causes sendmail to wait until it times out before I can complete the mail
transaction, but that's really beside the point because the Greylisting
filters never get to run.

Here's the output from the mailserver itself after I run the relaydelay.pl
script:

[root at argus mail]# ./relaydelay.pl myfilter /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
Found connection info for 'myfilter': local:/var/run/perl.sock
Attempting to unlink UNIX socket 'local:/var/run/perl.sock' ...
successful.
DBI Connecting to DBI:mysql:database=relaydelay:host=localhost:port=3306
Starting Sendmail::Milter 0.18 engine.
*** waits at this point until MAIL FROM then... ***
Segmentation fault

The segfault comes only after the MAIL FROM command as issued from the
connecting machine. Here is what happens on that end:

[dave at eagle dave]$ telnet argus 25
Trying xx.xxx.xxx.xx...
Connected to argus.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost.localdomain ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.9/8.12.8; Mon, 23 Jun 2003
11:31:06 -0400
HELO eagle
250 localhost.localdomain Hello eagle [xxx.xx.xx.xxx], pleased to meet you
MAIL FROM: dave at rebelforces.net
*** this is where the segfault occurs. line below comes after ~ 1m ***
250 2.1.0 dave at rebelforces.net... Sender ok

Now, I have successfully run the "sample.pl" Milter script that came with
the Sendmail::Milter package and it works fine. I also threw in a few debug
lines to the relaydelay.pl script to write something to the database to
make sure it was connecting ok, and it was. If anyone has seen this before
or knows where I can go from here I'd appreciate it.

System is RedHat Linux 8.0
Linux argus 2.4.20-18.8 #1 Thu May 29 07:50:46 EDT 2003 i586 i586 i386
GNU/Linux
Sendmail 8.12.9
Sendmail::Milter 0.18
PERL 5.8.0 i386-linux-thread-multi