[Greylist-users] Greylisting vs. 'Light' Greylisting

Paul Schwarz Paul.Schwarz at starktruss.com
Thu Dec 2 07:17:27 PST 2004

Hi Guys,  I use XWall Spam filter.   A very nice product.   It whitelists
all outgoing messages (not DSN's or auto-reply's though) so once your
triplet gets in and you reply they will never be checked again.

I talked to the guy who wrote it and suggested that he add the ability to
only check the first 3 octets of the ip address.   He just added it.

Example   123.123.123  vs. 123.123.123.123

I can set it either way now.   The reason for this is some companies have
multiple MTAs on the same subnet and it could cause a delay if the email
bounces between MTAs a few times before a match is found.

What are your thoughts and is my thinking sound.   Seems like light
greylisting will be a little less effective but could help with delays or
FPs

Paul Schwarz
Stark Truss Company, Inc.
Senior Network Administrator