[Greylist-users] relaydelay, relay_ip is NULL

Evan Harris eharris at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 1 07:03:39 PDT 2004

Yes, it is related to reverse tracking.  When you send a mail, the system
has no idea what ip address a possible reply might come from, so it
creates a "special" record where the IP address is null that will match any
IP as long as there is not already an existing record WITH an IP for that
sender,recipient pair.

Alot of time, these records end up not being used.

Evan