[Greylist-users] Re: Which greylist system for fastest & easiest installation?

Eddy L O Jansson eddy at klopper.net
Thu Apr 21 17:22:57 PDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 17:10:24 -0500, Graham Toal <gtoal at gtoal.com> wrote:

> So, two questions: do any commercial spam filters offer
> greylisting as well? (eg Brightmail, that kind of appliance)

  There are, but I don't remember any names.

> a reliable greylist that won't require lots of manual tweaking
> and will 'just work' reliably (and reasonably unattended)?

  I run a small server, so it might not be terribly relevant, but
I use the greylistd package in debian[0]. Pretty much zero manual
configuration nowadays, at least when coupled with exim4. Just
"apt-get install greylistd", answer some questions and you're done.

  It's a bit spartan though. No built in rules for automatic white-listing
based on outgoing mail, no fancy web interface, and it uses its own flat
file format -- so it's not ideal if you want to sit around pulling off
fancy queries, but one less dependance/faultpoint -- just perfect for me.

[0] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/mail/greylistd